Saturday, July 18, 2009

Location of the hanging gardens





White flowers with blurred background

White flowers with blurred background




beetography
Alloe flowers

Alloe flowers


Robert Nyman
Like, flowers

Like, flowers


White and ample flower

White and ample flower


pollen-flowers posted a photo

DSCN0424.jpg
6-2-09 Buxted Park - DSCN0424.jpg

our new candelabras


Frog Hanging in There

Flower.jpg
Flower - Flower.jpg


pollen-flowers posted a photo

gallery1005.jpg
flowers to complement the setting at Buxted Park country house hotel - gallery1005.jpg



Robert Nyman
Like, flowers

Like, flowers


nic_meets_public.jpgYesterday morning saw me rushing around doing last minute tweaking and tidying in a panic. The BBC came round to film the garden five minutes before the judges arrived. I stood there and watched, worrying about the few dead leaves I spotted on the turf.

All of a sudden the judges were there. I had to abandon my garden to them and I suddenly felt very emotional. There was nothing more I could do - I walked away.

As the day went on there was more and more press interest and some early evening visitors arrived. It was such a relief to think that I had no more work to do and could take off my high-viz jacket and, joy of joys, my boots.

In late afternoon we saw the camera crews gathering at Tony Smith's garden next door, my heart was beating like mad. Before I knew it, a voice asked "Would you like to know what your medal is ?"

It was a Silver-gilt which was absolutely fantastic. I was really thrilled, particularly as it was my first show garden and everyone says that's an excellent award.

It was such a lovely moment later on, at about 6 o'clock, when Radio Cumbria, my local station, phoned and we did a live broadcast interview. Afterwards we sat and drank champagne, listened to the music and watched the fireworks.

Today has been fantastic. I wish I had brought a visitor's book to record all the lovely, appreciative comments from the visitors that are walking round the garden, it makes it all worthwhile.


Info from:

No comments:

Post a Comment